.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Defective chimney cause of fire

-A A +A
By John Barnhart

A fire that destroyed four townhouses in the Waterways development near Saunders Point, was caused by a defective chimney.

The fire started Jan. 27 in the townhouse owned by Larry and Barbara Renner. All the townhouses are vacation homes and the Renners, who live in Winchester, were spending the weekend at the lake. John Jennings, the county's primary fire marshal for investigation, said that investigators' attention was drawn to the townhouse's chimney when they noticed it had holes in it. The holes were not consistent with building collapse.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Bedford Bulletin, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Bedford Bulletin | circulation@bedfordbulletin.com | 540-586-8612
P.O. Box 331, 402 E Main St. Bedford, VA 24523
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday